April 6, 2016 | 01:15
Vote! Vote! Vote! By April 17!
VCAM members, help elect the next group of VCAM board of directors! Results announced at our Annual Meeting on Monday, April 18 at 6:30 p.m.Read More »
April 1, 2016 | 10:03
Watch Our New Live Show: "Fast News Today!"
"Live local public access TV has never been so riveting!" Watch Fast News Today by Sloths, hosted by sloths, a live 24-hour news program, from 1 p.m. today, Friday, April 1, till 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 2.Read More »
March 31, 2016 | 11:25
April Media Education at VCAM & WBTV-LP
Read More »
- VCAM Member Access Orientation \ Saturdays, April 2, 16 & 30 at 11 a.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- Basic Camera \ Wednesday, April 13 from 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m., VCAM membership and call-ahead registration required.
- Intro to Digital Video Editing \ Saturdays, April 9 & 23 at 11 a.m. VCAM membership and call-ahead registration required.
- RETN & WBTV-LP Present StoryCRAFT \ Thursday, April 14 at 6 p.m. Registration required.
- Shooting the Documentary Interview with Bill \ Thursday, April 21 from 12-1:30 p.m. Open to the public, $25 sliding scale fee online registration required. POSTPONED TILL THURSDAY, JUNE 23 12-1:30 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Digital Cinematography \ Saturday, April 30 from 1-5 p.m. with Matt and Bill. VCAM membership and call-ahead registration required.
March 30, 2016 | 11:00
Rael OneCloud, VCAM producer, has passed away.
We are so sad to share that another one of our long-time producers, Rael OneCloud, has unexpectedly died. The Radio Bean is hosting a gathering to remember Rael on Saturday, April 2, 5–7 p.m. More info.Read More »
March 29, 2016 | 10:59
VCAM Members! Please Vote!
VCAM members! Look for your ballots in the mail and make sure to vote in our annual board of directors elections by April 17.Read More »
March 28, 2016 | 11:11
Dust off your hard hats!
We are booked to be under construction for "Phase Two" from about April 11 till June 11.Read More »
March 27, 2016 | 10:44
Bill's Brain: The Sacred Act of Telling Local Stories
"If the story you’re telling is interesting to you, it will likely be interesting to someone else too. The trick is to articulate what it is that’s interesting."Read More »
March 25, 2016 | 03:44
Bert Thompson, 1954–2016
It is with heavy hearts that we share that long-time producer of Green Mountains Veterans for Peace Bert Thompson (pictured on the left) has passed away.Read More »
March 14, 2016 | 02:23
Howard Center's Spring Community Education Series
Once again VCAM is teaming up with the Howard Center to record the following spring community education series.Read More »
March 11, 2016 | 01:25
"High Water Mark" Local Documentary Premiere 3/26
“It was a labor of love,” says Simmon. “I tell my filmmaking students ‘don’t start down the path of making a documentary unless you’re willing to eat, live, and breathe the film’s subject matter for years.’ I’m a huge Pants fan and I just made the film that I would want to see as a fan.”
The feature documentary film, High Water Mark: The Rise & Fall of The Pants, by Vermont filmmaker, Bill Simmon, will premiere at the Higher Ground Ballroom in South Burlington on Saturday March 26. The film premiere will be followed by a musical tribute to legendary Burlington Rock band, The Pants, featuring an all-star line up of local music luminaries taking the stage.Read More »