February 20, 2016 | 12:33
The 1st VAN Video Challenge
A statewide video contest, March 21–April 1
Remember the radio race from last summer? This is kind of like that, but with video and you have a whole TWO WEEK (not just 24 hours).
Teams of any size and any age can sign up to compete and take a week to make a 5 minute video. There is a $25 registration fee.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
Headphones and camera bags from Access AV as well as Ben & Jerry’s gift certificates.Read More »
February 16, 2016 | 02:43
Rewind: Producer Party No. 14
Oh wow! We we had a blast celebrating community media with local producers at the end of January for the Producer Party no. 14! Read this rewind on the big award winners!Read More »
January 28, 2016 | 10:56
February Presidential Debate Watch at The Media Factory
Come watch with us on Thursday, February 11, the Democratic Presidential Debate starting at 9 p.m. on PBS and Thursday, February 25, the Republican Presidential Debate, start time TBD on CNN.Read More »
January 26, 2016 | 11:40
VCAM Coverage of Town Meeting Day 2016
Watch for the following Town Meetings on:
- Charlotte, Monday February 29, 6 p.m. - Info meeting on municipal charter.
- Hinesburg, Monday, February 29 at 7 p.m. - Town Meeting
- Shelburne, Monday, February 29 at 7:30 p.m. (corrected time) - Town Meeting
- Vergennes, Monday, February 29 at 7:30 p.m. - Town Meeting
- Charlotte, Tuesday, March 1 at 9 a.m - Town Meeting
Links to be live as scheduled on our Town Meeting Day page vermontcam.org/TMD.Read More »
January 22, 2016 | 04:51
Five Fab Things from WBTV-LP This Month!
Five quick things that can get you caught up on WBTV-LP's station building process this month.Read More »
January 22, 2016 | 11:19
Bill's Brain: The More Filmmakers There Are, the Better Our Democracy Is
"...there’s a reason why public access has such a stigma of lo-fi weird performance video and boring talk shows. It’s a training ground. It’s a place for people to make their mistakes while they are learning. It’s a warts-and-all process by design. It’s a feature, not a bug."Read More »
January 21, 2016 | 02:22
February Media Education at VCAM
Read More »
- Basic Camera \ Wednesday, February 3 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (VCAM membership required)
- VCAM Member Access Orientation \ Saturdays, February 6 & 20 at 11 a.m.
- Intro to Digital Video Editing \ Saturdays, February 13 & 27 at 11 a.m.
January 21, 2016 | 10:59
February Media Education with WBTV-LP, Burlington
- The Art of Radio Documentary 1 –Intro to Storytelling \ Monday, February 1, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- The Art of Radio Documentary 2–Audio Editing \ Wednesday, February 17, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- Make Non-Profit PSAs that Rock with Audrey & DJ Llu \ Tuesday, February 23, 3-5p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- The Art of Radio Documentary 3–Putting It All Together \ Tuesday, February 23, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- WBTV-LP Unplugged! with Dom Berrini of WRUV's Exposure Show \ Thursday, February 25, 6-7 p.m. (free)
- WBTV-LP's Burlington Radio Mingles \ Mondays, February 8 & 22 at 5:30 p.m.-6:30p.m. (free, public drop-in)
All classes and workshops are held at the RETN & VCAM Media Factory education space located at 208 Flynn Ave. Suite 2-G. Prior membership with RETN or VCAM is not required, but is encouraged, as you can use their media-making gear and editing programs to further your learning and work.Read More »
January 20, 2016 | 11:10
Watch Governor Shumlin's Final Budget Address live on VCAM!
ORCA Media and CCTV/Channel 17 will be collaborating on covering and live streaming Vermont Governor Shumlin’s final Budget Address on Thursday, January 21 at 1:30 p.m. Watch it live on VCAM channel 17 south.Read More »
January 11, 2016 | 01:39
Producer Party No. 14
It is time to celebrate the producers of RETN & VCAM at our annual Producer Party! We look forward to showcasing all the great projects that were made by community members in 2015, including the launch of the new low-power radio station, WBTV-LP, Burlington! Plus, we have some "big awards" for outstanding achievement in community media and overall dedication to our organizations. We provide the food and drink, you bring the fun!Read More »