January 21, 2016 | 10:59
February Media Education with WBTV-LP, Burlington
- The Art of Radio Documentary 1 –Intro to Storytelling \ Monday, February 1, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- The Art of Radio Documentary 2–Audio Editing \ Wednesday, February 17, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- Make Non-Profit PSAs that Rock with Audrey & DJ Llu \ Tuesday, February 23, 3-5p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- The Art of Radio Documentary 3–Putting It All Together \ Tuesday, February 23, 5:30-7 p.m. (suggested donation of $25)
- WBTV-LP Unplugged! with Dom Berrini of WRUV's Exposure Show \ Thursday, February 25, 6-7 p.m. (free)
- WBTV-LP's Burlington Radio Mingles \ Mondays, February 8 & 22 at 5:30 p.m.-6:30p.m. (free, public drop-in)
All classes and workshops are held at the RETN & VCAM Media Factory education space located at 208 Flynn Ave. Suite 2-G. Prior membership with RETN or VCAM is not required, but is encouraged, as you can use their media-making gear and editing programs to further your learning and work.Read More »
January 20, 2016 | 11:10
Watch Governor Shumlin's Final Budget Address live on VCAM!
ORCA Media and CCTV/Channel 17 will be collaborating on covering and live streaming Vermont Governor Shumlin’s final Budget Address on Thursday, January 21 at 1:30 p.m. Watch it live on VCAM channel 17 south.Read More »
January 11, 2016 | 01:39
Producer Party No. 14
It is time to celebrate the producers of RETN & VCAM at our annual Producer Party! We look forward to showcasing all the great projects that were made by community members in 2015, including the launch of the new low-power radio station, WBTV-LP, Burlington! Plus, we have some "big awards" for outstanding achievement in community media and overall dedication to our organizations. We provide the food and drink, you bring the fun!Read More »
January 5, 2016 | 02:20
Watch the "State of the State" Address by Governor Shumlin Thursday!
ORCA Media and CCTV/Channel 17 will be collaborating on covering and live streaming Vermont Governor Shumlin’s "State of the State Address" on Thursday, January 7 at 2 p.m.
This will be the last "State of the State" by Shumlin as Governor.Read More »
December 30, 2015 | 04:00
Be a community media superhero today.
Get is to our $993 goal by midnight on December 31! We are just $200 away!Read More »
December 29, 2015 | 12:23
VCAM Programming Committee Mingle on January 11 AT 6:30 p.m. at VCAM.
The committee's charge is to oversee programming policies, connect with producers and the community around positive and constructive content feedback, and more. In 2016, we are looking to expand this committee to include VCAM producers and members of the VCAM community.Read More »
December 24, 2015 | 11:02
When to Watch Charlotte, Hinesburg, Shelburne, and Vergennes Local Meetings
VCAM live broadcasts and streams many of the local town meetings we cover in Charlotte, Hinesburg, Shelburne, and Vergennes. Watch them anytime here or you can catch an airtime that works for you on your TV.Read More »
December 22, 2015 | 02:28
Bill’s Brain: “Those near and far wars…”
Bill’s Brain: “Those near and far wars…” A new monthly blog musing for 2016, by VCAM's Bill Simmon.
Don't worry, there are no spoliers for the latest Star Wars, The Force Awakens.Read More »
December 21, 2015 | 04:06
January Media Education at VCAM
January Media Education at VCAM:
Read More »
- VCAM Member Access Orientation \ Saturdays, January 2, 16, and 30 at 11 a.m.
- Intro to Digital Video Editing \ Saturdays, January 9 & 23 at 11 a.m. (VCAM membership required)
- Basic Camera \ Wednesday, January 20 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (VCAM membership required)
- Fundamentals of Digital Cinematography \ Saturday, January 23 1-5 p.m. (VCAM membership required)
- WBTV-LP's The Art of Interviewing \ Wednesday, January 13, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- WBTV-LP's Audio recording, editing, and arranging with Audacity \ Thursday, January 14, 5:30-7:30 pm
- WBTV-LP's Burlington Radio Mingles \ Mondays, January, 11 & 25 at 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (free, drop-in, and open to the public)
December 20, 2015 | 02:18
All Station Meet Up \ Thursday, January 7, 6-7:30 p.m.
Find out where we are at in our timeline, connect with other radio lovers, and how you can help us get on the air by our deadline of May 2016! The meet up will happen in the new Media Factory in the VCAM & RETN space at 208 Flynn Ave, which is where the new radio studio will be too!Read More »