December 22, 2015 | 02:28
Bill’s Brain: “Those near and far wars…”
Bill’s Brain: “Those near and far wars…” A new monthly blog musing for 2016, by VCAM's Bill Simmon.
Don't worry, there are no spoliers for the latest Star Wars, The Force Awakens.Read More »
December 21, 2015 | 04:06
January Media Education at VCAM
January Media Education at VCAM:
Read More »
- VCAM Member Access Orientation \ Saturdays, January 2, 16, and 30 at 11 a.m.
- Intro to Digital Video Editing \ Saturdays, January 9 & 23 at 11 a.m. (VCAM membership required)
- Basic Camera \ Wednesday, January 20 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (VCAM membership required)
- Fundamentals of Digital Cinematography \ Saturday, January 23 1-5 p.m. (VCAM membership required)
- WBTV-LP's The Art of Interviewing \ Wednesday, January 13, 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- WBTV-LP's Audio recording, editing, and arranging with Audacity \ Thursday, January 14, 5:30-7:30 pm
- WBTV-LP's Burlington Radio Mingles \ Mondays, January, 11 & 25 at 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. (free, drop-in, and open to the public)
December 20, 2015 | 02:18
All Station Meet Up \ Thursday, January 7, 6-7:30 p.m.
Find out where we are at in our timeline, connect with other radio lovers, and how you can help us get on the air by our deadline of May 2016! The meet up will happen in the new Media Factory in the VCAM & RETN space at 208 Flynn Ave, which is where the new radio studio will be too!Read More »
December 17, 2015 | 04:39
Seasons Greetings From Your Pals at VCAM
Watch out for our slightly altered hours in the next couple of weeks!Read More »
December 15, 2015 | 05:31
Let's Grow Kids Launches "Small Talk"
Last July, Let's Grow Kids teamed up with VCAM and other organizations around the state to travel the green mountains collecting the stories of parents, child care providers, administrators and others concerned about giving Vermont’s children the best start in life during the crucial first five years. So far, Small Talk has interviewed 88 Vermonters.Read More »
December 14, 2015 | 02:29
Alfred "Tuna" Snider, In Memory
Late last week, Dr. Alfred "Tuna" Snider passed away here in Vermont. A legend in many arenas–international debate, academia, community radio, and more–one of Tuna's legacies will be his long-running VCAM show, Flashpoint.Read More »
December 9, 2015 | 03:02
Maay Maay on the Mic: Somali Bantu TV - A Seven Days Article
Check out the Somali Bantu TV crew in this great Seven Days article, Maay Maay on the Mic: Somali Bantu TV – about their show, their recent win at the Alliance for Community Media's Northeast Video Festival, and how they got started making media.Read More »
December 2, 2015 | 04:56
December Media Education at VCAM
December Media Education at VCAM:
Read More »
- Podcasting for Beginners – Tuesday, December 8 (sold out! January date TBD)
- Basic Camera – Wednesday, December 9, 7 p.m. (VCAM membership required)
- Making a Kick-Ass PSA – Tuesday, December 15, 5-7 p.m. ($25 sliding fee donation, open to public)
- Fundamentals of Cinematography – Saturday, December 19 1-5 p.m. (VCAM membership required)
- WBTV-LP Burlington Radio Mingles – Mondays, December 14 & 28 at 5:30 p.m. (free, drop-in, and open to the public)
- VCAM Orientation – Saturdays, December 5 & 19 at 11 a.m. (free)
- Digital Editing Certification – Saturdays, December 12 & 26 at 11 a.m. (VCAM membership required)
December 2, 2015 | 03:21
Hello, it's Llu from VCAM.
Wow! You blew away our expectations with your #GivingTuesday donations this week. Find out how we did.Read More »
November 30, 2015 | 05:33
#GivingTuesday - Our $993 Goal
VCAM and WBTV-LP, along with hundreds of other Vermont non-profits will embark on the adventure of a lifetime on Tuesday, December 1.
Ok, not really. But, we will try to take on the of Herculean feat of raising a bunch of money in just one day for #GivingTuesday.
Our goal? $993.Read More »