Careers & Internships
VCAM Staff Openings
Vermont Community Access Media (VCAM) is a nonprofit organization that provides digital film/video production services, training, equipment, and community access television services to citizens and organizations in the greater Burlington area.
VCAM has a part-time position open at VCAM’s community media center and production facility in Burlington. The production technician works under VCAM’s executive director and management team.
- Commitment to the field of community media and to the principles of Free Speech
- A professional level of competence with video production and post-production hardware, software, and methods
- Experience working with Macintosh and Windows operating systems
- Ability to collaborate with an extremely diverse clientele
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting
- Willingness to take direction and learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Support VCAM clientele with production and post-production support
- Maintain applicable databases
- Facilitate scheduling of the facility and sign-in/out of remote equipment rentals
- Participation in VCAM training curricula
- Support in-house production efforts
- Occasional remote production at community meetings & events
- Other duties as assigned by management
Salary: Commensurate with experience and skills. Partial benefit package.
Working Days and Hours: Part-time position (20 hours). Evenings and Weekends, mostly.
Application process will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
VCAM is an equal opportunity employer; this includes providing equal opportunity to all applicants, regardless of their social identities. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and those with differing abilities to apply.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume addressing the position requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Email inquiries only, please.)