MIXER / SHOWCASE / WORKSHOPPING
THU 7/20 @ 6:30 PM
Come enjoy local films and videos, support local media makers, or share a video that you've made!
Workshop a work in progress, provide feedback, and meet people, snack, and hang out!
Bringing a video is not required.
If you'd like to showcase or workshop a piece, please fill out this form in addition to registering below. Please note that if you would like to share a video, you must sign up by the end of the day July 18 so we have time to prepare your file.
FRI 7/14 @ 6 PM
This workshop will cover:
- Importing and organizing media based on metadata and keywords;
- Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit;
- Fine-tuning clips in the timeline—split edits, ripple and roll edits, retiming clips;
- Working with audio, stills and titles;
- Applying effects, transitions and color correction;
- Finishing and final output.
Instructor: Ken French
THU 7/20 @ 12 PM
This 60-minute workshop is designed for you to fit in during your lunch break. We will focus on the basic concepts of designing motion graphics for video, how to create elements in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and import them into After Effects to bring your graphics to life using keyframing. Bring your great ideas with you so we can discuss them—or just come to learn!
Instructor: Seth Mobley
SAT 7/22 @ 1 PM
A semester of Cinematography 101 condensed into four hours!
- F-stops, ISO, and exposure;
- White balance / color temperature;
- Focal lengths, lenses, and image sensors;
- Depth of field;
- Digital media workflows (SD, CF, P2, codecs, wrappers, pixel aspects, etc.).
Instructors: Bill Simmon, Matt Goudey
Check out all the Media Factory's Upcoming Workshops and Events @ meetup.com/BTV-Media-Factory-Meetup.