VCAM is Hiring a WBTV Radio Station Coordinator!
WBTV-LP Station Coordinator
WBTV-LP, Burlington is a new community radio station in the queen city, with a mission to connect people in Burlington with community radio that is created and curated locally, dedicated to the free and creative exchange of ideas and culture, and reflective of the diversity of our city. We do this by teaching the art of radio production and illuminating stories that are vital to our community. Our vision is to transform communities through participatory media and to create a unique radio landscape that inspires connection, collaboration and creativity.
The station is currently live-streaming at 993wbtv.org and will soon be broadcasting at 99.3FM on the radio dial. We have nearly 30 active community volunteers and two dozen shows in our schedule.
The WBTV-LP Station Coordinator is a shared position on behalf of Vermont Community Access Media (VCAM) and the Regional Educational Television Network (RETN) that will support the weekly operations of the station.
The Station Coordinator reports to VCAM’s Director of Media Services and works closely with VCAM and RETN staff and WBTV-LP community volunteers to ensure effective operations of the station. This is a part-time (10 hours/week) position with the potential for increased hours in the future.
- Creating and maintaining the on-air schedule with programmers, including managing automation and scheduling and assisting with creation of pre-recorded content such as: underwriting spots, PSAs, legal IDs, and submitted content.
- Acting as liaison in key communications between VCAM and RETN staff and the WBTV-LP Radio Advisory Council (RAC) and WBTV-LP programmers.
- FCC and licenser reporting, as needed
- Underwriting tracking and reporting
- Station document and database management
- Tech support coordination
- Scheduling and overseeing WBTV-LP studio usage
- Management of media content and storage
- General upkeep of the WBTV-LP space
- Attending some WBTV-LP committee meetings
- Outreach support, as available
- 1-2 years of leadership experience, preferably with volunteers, and proven project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to maintain relationships with volunteers, VCAM and RETN staff, and the larger community.
- Effective and timely communication skills, across multiple platforms.
- Knowledge and/or experience in community media, preferably community/college radio.
- Working knowledge of tech skills in audio and media production.
Submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VCAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), this includes providing equal opportunity to all applicants, regardless of their social identities. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and those with differing abilities to apply when positions are open.