July 6, 2016 | 10:03
July Media EducationRead More »
June 27, 2016 | 03:38
What Kind of Soup are you Making?
The question comes up a lot at VCAM: I’m editing a piece and I have a lot of different kinds of footage — HD footage I shot, old SD footage, still images, clips I pulled off the internet, etc. How do I mix them all together in a way that doesn’t look terrible?Read More »
June 10, 2016 | 02:09
So Long Llu And Thanks!
I have news to share–I have accepted a position as the Director of Communications for Burlington City Arts (BCA) and start later this month. This means I will be leaving my position at VCAM and Friday, June 17 will be my last day.Read More »
June 6, 2016 | 11:31
WBTV-LP Launches #RaiseOurAntenna Summer Campaign on #VTGives
To help inspire giving, RETN & VCAM will match every dollar raised for this campaign.
You give a buck? They give one too. Awesome, right?
Together, we need to raise $7,000 to buy the gear, install it, and flip the switch for the station.Read More »
May 27, 2016 | 03:13
Burlington Media Factory - Phase Two Under Construction!
We hope to finish this phase by July 1!Read More »
May 27, 2016 | 12:21
Original VCAM staffer returns to record 500th Flashpoint!
"VCAM is a gem in the media landscape. Few places offer free walk-in access and instruction to the public for individuals and for groups to create local programming by the community for the community. Hold on to this dearly, protect it, nurture it and above all give it your support!"Read More »
May 20, 2016 | 12:13
Burlington Telecom Public Hearing Wednesday, May 25 @ 7pmRead More »
May 12, 2016 | 11:17
Vermont Filmmakers’ Showcase - Entry Deadline 7/23
Are you a new or seasoned Vermont filmmaker and have a finished project in the last year? Ever considered entering your work in a film festival competition? VTIFF wants you to go for it this year! Deadline for submissions: Saturday, July 23, 2016.Read More »
April 29, 2016 | 12:19
May & June Media Education at VCAM
Read More »
- VCAM Member Access Orientation :: Saturdays, May 7 and 21, June 4 and 18, all start at 11 a.m. Walk-ins welcome. Free.
- Basic Camera :: Wednesday, May 11 and Wednesday, June 15, both from 7-8:30 p.m. VCAM membership required. Call to register at 651-9692. Free.
- Intro to Digital Video Editing :: Saturdays, May 14 and 28 and June 11 and 25, all start at 11 a.m. VCAM membership and call-ahead registration required. Free.
- Shooting the Documentary Interview with Bill :: Thursday, June 23, 12-1:30 p.m. Open to the public and online registration required. $25 sliding scale fee.
- NEW! Studio Production Workshop :: Wednesday, May 25 and Wednesday, June 29 both from 7-8:30 p.m. VCAM membership and call-ahead registration required. Free.
- NEW! Editing Essentials with Adobe Premiere :: Wednesday, June 1, 6 p.m. Pre-req is Digital Video Editing, registration and VCAM membership required. Free.
- NEW! VCAM Member Website Workshop :: CANCELLED
April 29, 2016 | 11:34
A VCAM Short Doc Debut at Jazz Fest: Ambassador Brother Mister
We are proud to debut the full short doc at the Burlington Discover Jazz Festival on Sunday, June 12 at 12:30 p.m. at the BCA Center, 2nd floor. Click through to learn more!Read More »