Giving Tuesday 2018
Greetings from the Media Factory!
If you attended the South End Art Hop, Vermont International Film Festival, Waking Windows, or Burlington Discover Jazz Festival you’ve likely seen VCAM and RETN representatives out in the community promoting the Media Factory. We’ve been proudly spreading the word about all the opportunities now under one roof, for the public to learn professional media skills, make compelling content for their community, and help foster an essential sense of place here in Vermont.
We’ve been working hard In 2018, and with your continued support we were able to expand our collective services, improve the overall user experience, and capitalize on one simple but powerful idea, we are better together.
This past year, RETN and VCAM completed a large-scale shared strategic planning project that will now chart our course for the next three years. With your continued support, in 2019 we will be able to carry out the substantial work outlined in our new plan including:
- Merging our educational programs, production departments and services
- Develop a unified Media Factory membership model designed to serve more people than ever before
- Provide services a growing number of nonprofit and educational partners
- Develop a one-stop-shop web presence and content delivery platform for all content produced at the Media Factory, including video, radio, podcasts, community news and more.
- Explore new and exciting shared programs in citizen journalism and virtual reality
With your continued support we will be able to build on our recent accomplishments and ensure that the Media Factory remains a sustainable community resource for years to come.
On behalf of the VCAM staff and board, and our partners throughout the Media Factory, we are tremendously grateful for all of your support! Thank you!