Patrick Heltz: 5 Qs w/ Media Factory Staff
Please welcome the newest member of the Media Factory team, Distribution Coordinator Patrick Heltz. Patrick was born and raised in Vermont. He graduated from the University of Vermont with a degree in history, he worked at various museums for a few years educating the community, all the while doing freelance video work. He began specializing in audio and has been involved in various projects throughout the years. In 2017, he began working at RETN. He then left to work in broadcast and came back again about a year later to the Media Factory. Patrick spends his free time working on his radio show broadcast from 99.3 WBTV-LP, eating mac and cheese, and talking about how he should read and bike more. Get to know Patrick with these 5Qs!
1. If there were a movie about your life, who would play you?
Gary Cooper, if time, space, and accuracy were not important.
2. What is your favorite piece of Media Factory gear and why?
Aux cable #1 in the radio booth. Good, dependable, versatile.
3. What is the funniest thing that’s happened to you recently?
I saw a man driving a garbage truck throw litter out of his window.
4. Tell us something we might not know (a factoid that you have retained for no particular reason).
Shaquille O’Neal’s debut hip hop album Shaq Diesel was certified platinum after selling over one million copies, this is in addition to his three gold records.
5. If you had to put your life bio into one run-on sentence, what would you say?
I was born in Vermont, and after deciding I didn’t want to learn any new street names, I elected to stay here and work in the video business maybe for the sole purpose of promoting the use of Dutch angles in any and all projects, besides that I am living a quiet, normal life.